Sunday, October 11, 2009

Extra Protein

Watch it! WATCH IT! If you received a free sample of Nature Valley Granola Nut Clusters with your morning newspaper. I received two.. one with the Baltimore Sun and one with The Carroll County (MD) Times. The little packets looked very appetising. Elaine ate one and enjoyed it. I ate half of one and then noticed little creatures running through the remaining crumbs.

Weevils, apparently. I threw up a bit and immediately drank a bottle of beer to see if the alcohol would kill the little rascals. Maybe.. maybe not.

I appreciate General Mills giving me that extra protein.. but I would have like to have had it in a better form.

I wrote an email to General Mills to complain, but their web contact info appeared to kill my message as it was being sent.

I called to General Mills, but nobody was there to hear me.

Anyway, be careful... I don't think weevils will kill you, but they probably will tickle the inside of your gut and make you giggle a lot. Also, if you put the little buggers in your closet, they will have a ball, getting into your flour and other grain products.
...........................................................

1 comment:

Joe Vaughan said...

I spoke to "Marsha" at General Mills today. She was very apologetic; however, she told me very strongly that they have the strictest packaging process and if bugs got in a package, they must have gotten in somewhere after the packaging function.

When I mentioned that there was no sign of an opening into the bag, she said that they only need a microscopic hole to be able to get in.

I told her that when I pried open the side seam, there were bug eggs there and dead bugs. She still insisted that they must have gotten into the bag after processing.

Marsha wanted to know if she could send me something.. probably coupons. I told her that I did not want anything.

I will still eat General Mills products, but I will be very careful in the future when I open their packages.