Monday, December 22, 2014

Carroll County Maryland Politics; Net Neutrality; Manson; Barbosa

Cold... well it is now Winter, for crying out loud!


No time for a poem or quote.. I have just 45 minutes to plug some stuff into this blog entry.


01.  Republican Activity in Maryland


Flushed with victory, incoming Republican Governor Larry Hogan has appointed Carroll County's Republican Senator, Joe Getty, to serve as Senate Minority Leader and Legislative Expert.  Now there will have to be a pick by the Republicans of a smiling light to fill Getty's spot.


The Carroll County Times reminds us of a minor feud between Getty and Susan Krebs.  Everybody loves Lion Susan Krebs, but in my opinion, she seems like a "party hack" who  serves as a Charlie McCarthy to whoever is the current Republican Edgar Bergen. (In another blog entry, I will outline her plans to derail anything that the Democrats or moderate Republicans hope to accomplish, now, or in the future.  Since she says things exactly like every other member of the Carroll County Republican Club, I predict a distinctly negative outlook to her service in Maryland's legislative body next year.)


02.  Mitch hits another homerun!


In another article in the Carroll County Times, Mitch Edelmann gave us the "straight poop" on "net neutrality".. I wish that I had reached him earlier to be the Social Security Alumni Association's voice.  He certainly has a gift.


03. Love comes to a killer


Charles Manson is now 80 years old and has been allowed to get married while serving his life sentence in a California State Prison.


04.  Another Killer revisited.


I've written before about my run-in with Joe Barboza, New Bedford's own mob hitman.  Remember?  He ratted on his confidents in the New England Mafia and was targeted to get "hit".. However, they didn't succeed until 1976 or so.  I am really surprised that Joe was able to be in this world from 1932 through the 1970's... almost 40 years of brutality and killing.  He probably gets the prize for being one of the world's longest living sociopath.. if not the meanest.


In the 1940's, I visited two  of my friends in their New Bedford house, as I was wont to do quite often, perhaps twice a week.  I just walked in and climbed the three stories to my friends' attic room, and walked right in, as I had done hundreds of times before.  However, this time, in the middle of the room stood a short, fat, mean-looking guy who greeted me with a glare.  He asked who I was, and my friends said I was their friend, who had helped them to become healthy muscular specimens, by wrestling with them and showing them how to exercise with weights.


What was this guy's response?  He didn't talk to them; he turned to me and said: "get lost!"  In other words, he took an instant dislike to me.  And me to him, but I could sense an animal instinct in him, so I decided to leave.. and since my "former friends" did not stop me from leaving, I immediately wrote them out of my life.  And I am really glad that I did.


In a related Kindle book that I am reading, I've learned that in my "friends'" room, they were planning burglaries.  Apparently, these burglaries continued until 1949, when the police arrested Joe Barboza and sent him to prison, for one of his many incarcerations.  I believe that my "friends'" parents recognized the situation early in their relationship with Joe and shipped them off to San Francisco and a new life before they could get too involved with Joe.


It is hard for me to understand a person like Joe Barboza.. a human being with no regard for the life of another human.  Thank God that he didn't like me.  My slightly bad life turned around for me in that confrontation, and I did "turn over a new leaf", so to speak.


Well, I've rattled about for 45 minutes and I have to go get supper ready for Elaine.  See ya!


.............................................................................................................................................




No comments: