Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Quick News for a July 2009 Day

Some news to wake up to on a sunny hot July day.

01. Some English folks have complained that school children at recess are laughing too loudly!!

02. Head-to-toe burka-clad male Afghan terrorists are killing innocent people. (If caught, perhaps they should be helped physically to become the women they are imitating.)

03. A plumber in Pennsylvania rescued 7 ducklings from a drain they were stuck in. (Good news for a change.)

04. Somebody got hit by lightning and it cured their heart arhythmia.

05. A 15 year old was hit and killed on the side of a road by a drunken driver.

06. A couple of Republicans are in agreement on a plan to develop a health plan for the Country.

The two have never really agreed on anything before. (Maybe that it is just my understanding)

07. Counterfeit $20 bills are showing up in Carroll County.. this happens usually after carnivals take place.

BTW.. if you get a chance, watch the movie The Counterfeiter. Amazing movie that will remind you of how beastly the German SS was in WWII. It is a great story of survival in a time that allowed very little survival by brutalized people.

08. A friend of mine was named Lion of the Year. A nice organization. I like the titles of their officers: "Lion Tamer" "Tail Twister" Cute.

09. The market is up to above 8900! Keep it up!

10. GM's Camaro is beginning to get big press. I haven't seen it, but I'm told it looks like no other car today and looks more like 1950's cars.

11. F-22 funding may pass today and earn a veto from President Obama.

That's enough, got to go to Social Security. I need to get a new pass before the current one expires at the end of the month.

I just cut up a cantalope that a new neighbor presented us with yesterday. She was returning the favor.. last week I brought them a bunch of my "famous" brownies with walnuts. Let me know if you want me to make some for you. I unabashedly say that they are the best I have ever tasted.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I remember I used to get a lot of counterfeit $1 and $5 bills from the McDonald's in Reisterstown. I finally started checking my change and actively refusing the ersatz bills. You know that if you discover you have a counterfeit bill, then it's a crime to pass it one. You're stuck.

Anonymous said...

How could you tell the bills were counterfeit?