Saturday, January 16, 2010

Weekly Dozen 01/15/2010

Even though we are overwhelmed with sadness over the loss of life in Haiti and are doing what we can to alleviate the suffering there, we still need a slight break to think about some humorous (perhaps) or at least weird things that could be learned this week from various news sources. Let's see if I can come up with one dozen.

(Incidentally, I will be interviewed by a newspaper reporter shortly about this blog and others that I write. .. actually, everything I do since I lost 3 or 4 inches in height is done "shortly".)

01. It has been determined that hamsters who imbibe alcohol suffer hangovers the next morning. (It might be better to feed them marijuana instead...?)

02. Analyst Jose Grenado has written about some things that we have suspected for a while:

a. Googling sharpens the mind. (What about FB and Twitter?)

b. Swearing helps you alleviate pain. (What did I tell you, Elaine)

c. Doodling while in a meeting helps you keep up your interest in what is being said.

03. Water has been found on the moon. (What about the cheese that my nursery rhymes talked about?)

04. Andre the Giant once drank 106 beers in a six hour period.

05. Sarah Palin was asked once more which "founding father" was her favorite. Once again she answered: "All of them."

06. An 8-year old cub scout who travels frequently by plane, has been frisked every time since he was 2 years old. Apparently, his name matches one on the security risk list.

07. Nevada now allows male prostitution. (At least, they have made it legal.)

08. A tall cross is about to be built for a Florida church by a communications company. It will double as a cell phone tower.

09. There is a fight for the Massachusetts Senate seat of the late Ted Kennedy. Scott Brown, one of the candidates once posed naked as a Cosmopolitan centerfold, at least that was what I heard on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, and they have never lied to me before.

10. The clever Dutch have created meat using cells from a live pig.

11. A British man solved the Rubik's Cube after 26 years of trying. (When they first came out, I handed one to my son to look at. He handed it back to me in 5 minutes, solved. He's got good genes!)

12. A Polish woman is suing a hotel for causing her daughter to get pregnant while swimming in their pool. She is blaming the pregnancy on stray sperm floating in the water.

Please remember that I do not vouch for any of the items above.. I'm sure some of them are true. For more information, you can "google".. and "googling" helps your brain, as Jose G. says.
..........................................................