Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Fool

Well, so far, it looks like the "April Fool Worm" did not come to life on my PC, at least not on my laptop. I read somewhere that it probably would be confined to Government computer systems. But there are other things to watch out for on April Fools Day: yes, of course, everybody trying to fool us.

At one minute after midnight, I asked Elaine if there were some way to replace four of her collectible pink tumblers that I had just broken. April fool! I wonder what she is going to do to try to fool me... I'll have to think carefully about everything she says today.

My favorite April Fools Day caper took place at the Social Security Administration many years ago. Some of my six foot five inch tall friends took great pleasure in teasing me for being short, so I planned a little revenge. I had my secretary reserve a conference room and arrange for coffee and doughnuts.. then she sent letters to everybody I could think of who was over 6 feet 3 inches tall (maybe 20 people) requesting their presence at a ficticious meeting at the conference room on April first. She arranged the letters so nobody could tell who sent them.

I always wondered about that meeting. As they all waited for the meeting that never took place, did they look around to see who was there, and did they wonder why everybody at the meeting was a very tall person?

A few months ago, I met one of the attendees and tried to see if they remembered the meeting. They didn't. But that's OK. I like to visualize what happened in my imagination.

Another April Fool's day caper involved hundreds of fuzzy bunnies. It began on that day but lasted for a while. I think I will save that one for another blog.

If you are reading this on April Fool's Day.... watch out!

No comments: