Monday, November 17, 2014

Moon; Comet Landing; Kadashian; Kate Smith; Fort Lauderdale; Saartsie Baartman

Rainy and cold.. three weeks to the full Moon


"When the moon comes over the mountain,
Every beam brings a dream, dear, of you.


Once again we stroll 'neath the mountain,
Through that rose-covered valley we knew.


Each day is gray and dreary,
But the night is bright and cheery.


When the moon comes over the mountain,
I'm alone with the memories of you.


When the moon comes over the mountain,
Every beam brings a dream, dear, of you."


Song by Beasley Smith, Howard Johnson and Harry Woods.
Sung by Kate Smith.


I'm afraid that following the marvelous achievement of the European Space Agency of getting a "lander" to attach itself to a speeding comet, we, in the United States, may have missed another fantastic as(s)tronomical event.. namely, the publication of a picture of Kim Kadashian's butt on the cover of Paper magazine!


It reminded me of a trip that my late wife, Elaine, and I took in Florida with Collette Tours.  We visited Fort Lauderdale and boarded a ship, to cruise the famous waterways of that town.   Five minutes into the cruise, we were informed to "look to the shore on the left".  And there, in full view, was a young man with his pants down, "mooning" us.   After the shock to  our New England bred psyches wore off, we continued on with our tour.


One hour later, near the end of the tour, the Collette voice again spoke: "look to the shore on the right".  And there, in full view again, was our "mooner" doing what he apparently liked to do.  I noted that after giving us a good "moon", he hurried into the bar which was in back of him.
......................................................................
I imagined this scenario going on inside that bar.  "Hey, Bill, where'd you disappear to?" says the bartender.


"Hey, man, I was out there showing tourists my naked ass."


"Why do you do that?"


"Well, because it keeps me in beer, that's why."


"Whaddaya mean?"


"It's my job."


"How is it your job?"


"Well, everyday at 6 pm, I go out and show my butt to a boatload of tourists."


"Then, at 7 pm, I go out again and show it to them again."


"And, guess what..  Collette Tours sends me a check for $100 a month for me to keep doing it."
.........................................................................
I'm not sure if that is what happens.. but why would the same guy "moon" the same people twice each night if he wasn't getting paid for it?
.........................................................................
Now, some people might think that Kadashian is callipygian.  But some people might rather think of her as having steatopygia. 


I wonder if she has ever heard about, or cares about, Saartsie Baartman, the so-called Hottentot Venus.  Saartsie was put on display in the 19th century because of her massive butt.  (She also had an elongated labia.. but that is a subject for another day.)


Anyway, if you haven't seen the magazine cover mentioned, you are missing another Kadashian image that will probably generate more discussion than that other astronomical event, the comet landing that you've probably already forgotten.
............................................................................................................



No comments: