Sunday, June 11, 2006

More on Marriage

I read that the FBI is looking for a guy who has more than 50 wives... wow! I always thought that one was enough for any man. Imagine all of them nagging him at the same time!

I can understand the Mormons having extra wives when they were settling the West and needed workers on their farms. But what is the reason now? I believe that in some African tribes, the chief is obligated to marry all the ugly (unmarriageable) girls. That makes sense to me. But, from the pictures I've seen of the Mormon wives, they all seem to be relatively good looking and probably would not have a problem finding a husband.

The multiple wives that I have read about seem to have no problem in sharing their husband, and seem happy to have so many feminine companions and friends. And, of course, these families always have lots of children around to brighten their days.

I wonder if any of these 50+ wives came with a dowry?

One of Sherlock Holmes' mysteries deals with Mormons and multiple wives.

I think that I would rather stick with one wife, as I did for 43 years with my late wife.. and as I would do with my lady-friend, if conditions allowed it.

No comments: