Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Related to Chimpanzees? No way!

Well, now I think that British biologists have gone a bit too far! I read that some are claiming that our current batch of human beings are offshoots of relationships between some early type of "man" and chimpanzees. This has got to be a big blow to the egos of many, especially religious persons.

But then, I also have read for some time that human genetic make-up is very close (90+%?) to that of chimpanzees. And have you seen Planet of the Apes?

Don't some scientists say that Aids was originally contracted from human contact with monkeys?

Personally, I like chimpanzees.. at least the ones that used to appear with Johnny Carson on the Tonight Show. J. Fred Muggs, I think one was called.. and I think he may be still alive at 60 or so years old. He looked a lot like one of my relatives, but I don't dare mention who, because one of them may be reading this.

Now that British scientists have also determined that fish have feelings and even miss their owners when they go on vacation, and that lizards and fish and other creatures have a spot on their foreheads for color recognition of some kind, and that cows and sheep fear their own death.... can we now realize that perhaps we are not the only creature that thinks?

Remember, the brain of a great whale is many times larger and more convoluted than that of human being.

No comments: