Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More Frustrating Fun

Today, after having my right eyeball poked and sprayed and subjected to lights as bright as the sun, I thought that I might treat myself to a doughnut for being such a good boy. I have had an Exxon gift card in my wallet for a while, a gift from one of my kids, so I decided to try it.


At the local Exxon station, I asked the clerk what I could spend the card on. The clerk, an old geezer (O.G.) like me, responded, and this is our dialogue:


O.G.:- "Gas... next!"


Me: "Could I also use it for things like doughnuts?"


O.G.: "Maybe, but get gas... next!"


(There is no way that I would buy his gas at 15 cents higher than any other station nearby.)


Me: "Can you tell me how much money is available on the card?"


O.G.: "No.. next!"


Me: "How can I find out how much money is on the card?"


O.G.: "Next!"


Me: "Thank you for your help, sir."


O.G.: "Next!"


(Now his responses might make a little more sense if there was anyone in line in back of me.)


EXXON.. I am a stockholder and would expect a little bit of help from an Exxon franchise station clerk. As far as the company is concerned, I'm still upset about the Alaskan oil spill, which incidentally is still in litigation, and I doubt that anything has been paid to anybody yet.


Also

3 comments:

Joe Vaughan said...

What I was trying to say when an "error" occured, probably by an Exxon hacker, was that Exxon has made billions of dollars of profits in the past few years and have let me share in that by granting me periodic dividends of less that $10.

If you want to bend your mind, google "Lamp magazine" and check out what Exxon is doing around the world. This is one BIG operation. The size and number of their oil rigs is phenomenal.. the size and number of their container ships is also phenomenal.

Even though I am a share-holder, I do not buy their gas unless it is an absolute necessity.

Joe Vaughan said...

The google search should read:

The Lamp magazine Exxon

sorry about that.

Chris said...

That guy at the Exxon sounds like a chump to me.