Thursday, May 22, 2014

Rogue Goats Again, HERB the Robot Actor, VA care, Happiness in Iran, Unhappiness in France, and Party Affiliation.

Hey! Lots of interesting news today.


A second "head-butting rogue" goat has been captured.  Good work!  Let's keep those kids off our streets.*


Carnegie-Mellon University in Pittsburgh has put on a one-act play with a robot as second banana. Besides being an actor, HERB (Home Exploring Robot Butler) has learned how to separate OREO's, load a dishwasher, open the refrigerator and take a book down off of a shelf for you to read.


The play mentioned above was: Sure Thing, by absurdist playwright David Ives. I'll bet that our Carroll County rogue goats would be good actors too, if we would just give them a chance.


The U.S. has sent 80 military personnel to Chad.. next to Nigeria.  Hopefully, with the help of our troops and drone fleet, we will be able to locate these sub-human Boko Haram characters and get those kidnapped girls back to their homes.


On the Diane Rheem Show this morning, some top-level guys were arguing about the VA and their care of veterans.  As I've said before, I've heard nothing but good reports about VA hospital service.  However, the American Legion President is pushing to have all high-level managers fired (at least, that is my understanding)...  I think this would be a major mistake and I think it is right for Obama to stick with his VA crew unless drastic mismanagement is proven.


Iran has arrested  7 "happy" young people for engaging in "decadent Western behavior" on social media.. that is, they were "happily" dancing.  Shame on those stupid youngsters for trying to make Iran a "happy" place!


Some French engineers have rouge faces today.  In planning for 341 high-speed trains, they failed to notice that the trains would not be able to stop at any one of France's 1,000 train stations, because they were too fat.


Dean Minnich had a column today in the local newspaper, in which he mentioned that 900 Democrats in the County had changed their party affiliation to Republican so they would be able to vote in the upcoming Republican primary and perhaps help get rid of these incompetents that we now call our County Commissioners.  At least, I think that is what he said.. I will read his column again to see if he really approves that action or not.  A little unclear to me, I think.


I changed my affiliation to Independent some time ago, to show my disgust with some of what goes on by politicians of both sides.  So now I can't vote in the primary election.  That was kind of dumb of me. 


A Dieu!


* PS The Carroll County Humane Society has now reported that the goats recently caught are no longer "rogue" goats, but "horny" goats, that cannot be let outside of the compound. Fences would not be a deterrent to them and nearby farmers would have to hide their female goats.  (Reminds me of magazine that used to be published:  Satyr Dairy View.)  The goats' former owners will probably never be known, because they might be asked to pay for the damage the goats did when they were still "rogue."

No comments: