Thursday, May 29, 2014

Maya Angelou Wisdom

Dan Rodricks, Baltimore Sun columnist and celebrity, wrote a column today in which he put some quotes from Maya Angelou, who died a few days ago.  In case you do not have access to his column, I will list the quotes here:


"You don't have to think about doing the right thing if you're for the right thing, then you'll do it without thinking."


"There is nothing so pitiful as a young cynic because he has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing."


"I have found that, among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver."


"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."


And.. this is my favorite:


"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget  what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."


Rest in peace, Ms. Angelou.

No comments: